Palm Valley 4WD Day Tour
A maze of sandstone amphitheatres, pinnacles and gorges, home to the Red Cabbage Palm after which the valley is named. Palm Valley is part of Finke Gorge National Park which is located 138km west of Alice Springs and its last 16km of road are limited to 4WD vehicles only.
Get ready for a great adventure in the Red Centre of Australia!
About Palm Valley
Located within Finke Gorge National Park, approximately 138 km West of Alice Springs, Palm Valley is one of the most impressive natural sites within Central Australia. The Park covers an area of 46,000 hectares of land and the Valley is famous for its Red Cabbage Palm which can only be found here, a relic of a wetter age when Australia was covered with tropical vegetation. Here you’ll find various places of cultural and historical significance where early European settlement took place.
About the Tour
The tour will start with a scenic drive through the West MacDonnell Ranges where you’ll make your way to the Historic Precinct of Hermannsburg for a light breakfast. After a short visit to Hermannsburg, you’ll travel along the ancient Finke river bed on a custom built 4WD. The next stop will be Cycad Gorge and then it’s only a short 4WD drive into Palm Valley where you’ll be able to wander amongst the relict Palms and Cycads.
Once in the Valley, you’ll be able to complete the Rim Walk or the River Walk and experience this incredible Oasis in the desert. You’ll enjoy a picnic lunch before the short walk up to Kalaranga Lookout, then you’ll head back to Alice while watching the sunset lights reflecting on the MacDonnell Ranges.
What you need to know…
- Palm Valley is accessible all year round except when the Finke River is in flood.
- The best time of the year to visit and camp in Palm Valley is from April to September, whilst Summer can be very hot.
- Palm Valley has a great camping area with shady sites, showers, toilets and communal BBQs if you wish to camp overnight.
- The Kalaranga Lookout is an easy 20 minute climb with spectacular views of the sandstone amphitheatre
- The tour departs Alice Springs 7.30AM and returns 5.30PM. You will be picked up and dropped off directly at your accommodation.
Tours start from $155
Book Now call 08 8929 1609 or email email@example.com
© Emu Run
For bookings and more information, feel free to contact our Reception on 08 8929 1609 from 7am-8pm daily
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.